Saturday, December 30, 2017

It's Almost Christmas!

Our holiday season continued to be a busy one in the following two weeks leading up to Christmas.  We had a cookie exchange for book club one night.  The kids had a great time decorating cookies, but I really hated taking my yummy cookies, and coming home with not as good of ones.  They donated all the extra cookies to the hospice home so they did go to a good cause.
The weekend before Christmas we made a quick trip to Kirksville for Asa's graduation.  Traffic was really bad going home Friday night and we got in late for his party.  We made a quick appearance, and then took the kids back to my Mom's for bed.  The next morning we dropped Finley and Atticus off with Andy's parents before graduation.  The graduation was lengthy as they always are, but it is the last one we have for a awhile.  Hard to believe that my baby brother just graduated from college.  Congratulations to Asa!
After the ceremony we loaded the car, picked up the kids, and were going to stop for a yummy meal at AJ's.  Unfortunately we got there, and Finley threw up all over the bathroom.  We quickly loaded everyone up, and got McDonalds drive thru.  Finley got sick a few more times in the car, and it continued when we got home that night.  Andy took Briley to her basketball game while I stayed home with the kids.
She was feeling better on Sunday, and Briley had a basketball game again so we all went.  We got a few things done around the house, I made cookies for the neighbors, and we got those passed out.  I kind of went into panic mode trying to get things finished in case I got the flu.
Baylor got sick with the flu early Tuesday morning, and he spent the day sleeping by the toilet.  I tried taking him with me to drop Finley off at school but he got sick in the car.  I left him at home when I went to get Briley and Finley after school.  That night Atticus got sick when I put him to bed, but luckily he only got sick three more times, and was good by about 1:00 in the morning.  They both woke up feeling great.  I felt bad that Baylor missed his party.  He was pretty upset, but I knew he shouldn't got to school.
Since they were all feeling better by Thursday night, we had a fancy dinner in the dining room.  The kids always have fun getting all dressed up, and using the Christmas china and wine glasses.  After dinner I let the kids sleep in the living room and we watched Christmas Vacation.
The kids got out little trees to decorate in their rooms Friday.  For some reason we just hadn't got that done yet.  We bought Briley a new one, and then Finley took her old one.  We also got our cookies made for Santa.  That night we went to dinner at Chick fil-a and then we went to look at lights.  We went to Christmas Place, Deanna Rose, and then looked at lights by our house before heading home.

Atticus spent a good part of the day watching them trim the trees behind us.



Briley made these cute little gifts for her friends.  They are popcorn wrapped in paper, and then socks for the hat.


Sleeping by the Christmas tree.
Oh how I love Baylor home.  He made an office in our dining room window.
This house has the most blow ups that I have seen in a yard.  Andy tried to get a panoramic shot, but it doesn't do it justice.


Deanna Rose light show




Decorating cookies and wrapping sibling gifts.









0 comments: