Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Happy Easter!

 Spring is here, and we have gotten very busy!  Andy gave me tickets to see Hamilton for my birthday this year.  This is a show we almost got tickets for when it was getting ready to come out in New York, and decided they were too expensive.  Had we known, we could have paid for the whole trip with the price that those tickets sky rocketed to after it premiered.  We went out to dinner beforehand to a place that has been on my list for awhile.  It was so quaint, and yummy. Can't wait to go back again.

We then made our way down to the Music Hall, and got settled in for the show.  I loved every minute of it!  Truly, I would see it again today, and now I want to take the kids.  It was so nice to have a night out together that didn't involve scans and doctor's appointments.  

The next day, we went to Briley's track meet.  She had her personal best time at 5:33.  She got seventh place out of 22 girls.  Her dedication to running blows me away.  Baylor had a soccer game that night to finish off the weekend.

The next week was Easter.  Amity and Billy came to town, and Amity did a half marathon on Saturday morning.  We followed her around the course, and she always seemed to be smiling.  I wish I had a little bit of drive to run like my family.  

The next morning was Easter, and the kids did not wake up early.  I think they were all so exhausted from the busy weekend that we had.  They checked out their Easter baskets, and then we were off to Church.  I can't tell you how happy I am to celebrate Easter.  Lent is hard, and even harder this year with my diagnosis.  

After Church, we had a big brunch, and Easter egg hunt.  Baylor got the golden egg this year, and Briley got the silver.  The rest of the day was enjoying the beautiful weather, and being outside.  I don't remember the last time we had wonderful weather for Easter.  





















0 comments: