Friday, June 30, 2023

Summer Vacation 2023

 This year we changed it up for our summer vacation.  We usually go down to Florida, but  we decided to try out a new place on Table Rock Lake called Serenity Shores.  I was thankful we were so close since I had chemo the day before we left for the trip.  Finley and Atticus went with Andy's parents, and met us there.  We hadn't seen them in 10 days, and I really had missed them.  The house was too quiet with just Baylor and Briley at home.

We had two houses this year, and a perfect location right across the street from the pool, and all the activities.  The kids enjoyed the freedom to walk over with their cousins to play putt putt, basketball, pickle ball, and all the other activities over there.  I hardly had a conversation with the kids all week, as they ran around with their cousins.  They loved it.

We celebrated Father's Day on Sunday.  The younger two kiddos made gifts for Andy to take to his office.  I got him a sign that we had seen downtown last year that he liked.  It is a silhouette of the city skyline, and it lights up.  He thought it would be fun for the basement.  We also celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary.  We plan to go out to dinner when we get back home.

Each morning I would get up and walk or go down to paddle board while Andy swam.  The lake is always so peaceful in the morning.  The rest of the day was spent by the pool or boating.  I went out once, and was told that I was the fun killer, so that was my only trip.  It honestly makes me nervous watching them flip off the tube.  

One night we had a dinner out with just the adults.  This is the first time we have ever done this, and it worked out well.  The older kids did a great job watching the younger ones.  We went to a place that was close by, so adults could get back to the house easily if they needed to.

We also went to do go karts one night.  The kids had fun racing around the track.  Atticus was the one that made me laugh as he pulled back in when it was over, someone bumped him from behind.  He stepped on the gas, pushed the tire out of the way, and was off again. I think the guy running it was about to lose it as he tried to corral the younger ones in. 

Overall, we loved trying out a new location for vacation.  It was wonderful to not have to travel so far, and I had a good week of resting.  I think I needed that after New York.  This vacation is always a time full of memories for the kids with their cousins, and they have a lot of stories that came out of the trip.  






























 

0 comments: