Monday, March 4, 2024

The Rest of February

 Our February has been eventful this year.  We started the month with me having some severe kidney pain.  I ended up making a couple of trips to the hospital.  One of which was on Super Bowl Sunday.  We ended up going in that afternoon, and they decided that I would need to have surgery the following day.  The first half of the super bowl was watched in the ER, and then we were moved to a room.  Briley, Lissy, Kaitlin, and Caroline showed up to watch the second half with us. Wow, that second half was a nail biter.  The game ended in a tie, and we went into overtime.  The 49ers scored a field goal, and then it was our turn to score a touchdown.  We were able to pull it off, and now are back to back Super Bowl Champions!  About 20 minutes after the game, Father Brian showed up.  He was sporting his Butker jersey, and just as excited as we all were with the big win.  He performed the anointing of the sick for me before me surgery the next day.  

After everyone left, I was moved to another room that ended up being really nice.  I'm thankful it was because we ended up staying in the hospital until Wednesday.  While we had some great nurses while we were there, Andy and I were more than ready to leave on Wednesday which also happened to be the Super Bowl parade celebration.

Baylor went down to the parade with a friend of his who knew someone that had a condo that overlooked Union Station.  He was able to watch the parade without dealing with the crowds, and we are so thankful he was safe in the condo when a fight broke out, and shots were fired.  It turned a day of fun into sadness as many were injured.  

Our month has also been filled with a lot of basketball.  Finley, Baylor, and Atticus all played this year so our weekends were full of games.  Atticus's team ended up winning their division, Baylor's team lost in the championship game, and Finley's chose not to do the tournament.  Now that basketball is over, we move right on into soccer.  

Finley decided to do the indoor triathlon at the J recently.  She ended up getting first in her age group and second place overall in the youth division.  She had a great time, and always had a smile on her face.  I don't know if I would look the same way if I was doing it.

Lastly, we celebrated my birthday on the 24th, and I do have to say it was hands down the best birthday I have ever had.  Andy ordered Homegrown for breakfast that morning for me, and then it was off to a basketball game.  After the game, we met the Cleaver crew at Top Golf for a lunch.  We then went to our second game of the day, and met up back at our house to wait for my Mom, Amity and Billy to come into to town.  Amity and Billy walked in, and we said our hellos, and then the doorbell rang.  Peeking through the window stood Juan Carlos, Ana, and Eva!  I was so surprised to see them, and couldn't believe they made the trip to celebrate my birthday.  After they came in, my Dad and Rick showed up, which was again a surprise to see.  I definitely felt the love.  

That night, we went to Caroline and Jared's for dinner.  Andy said they were ordering pizza.  As we pulled up there was a long row of cars at their house, and I began to put it all together.  Andy and my family had planned a surprise party for me.  I'm definitely not one that likes all the attention, but for this birthday it just felt right.  There were a lot of happy tears shed over the course of the night.  There were people there from all different parts of my life, and it was amazing to have all the ones I love under one roof.  

Towards the end of the night, we had a surprise for the kids.  Andy's sister's had put out a request for people who would like to donate to an account for us to go on a dream trip with our kiddos.  The amount raised was something I still can't comprehend.  We have had over 200 people donate, and what we thought was going to be a simple trip to Big Cedar, turned into a trip to Hawaii.  We opened a big box that had a gift bag for each of the kids filled with leis, and things for the trip.  They are beyond excited, and we are so grateful to be able to have this experience with them.  

Family began to leave on Sunday after brunch, and we finished our basketball season with Baylor and Atticus's championship games.  Amity, Billy, Mom, Juan Carlos, Ava, and Ana stayed until Tuesday.  It was so nice to catch up with them all.  What a whirlwind of a weekend, but I loved every minute of it.  












































0 comments: