Sunday, March 26, 2017

Spring Break

 I took Atticus to the doctor for his two year check up finally.  He weighed in at 24 pounds, and he was two feet nine inches.  He was in the fourth percentile for height and 20th percentile for weight.  He got his last shot until he goes to kindergarten so that is exciting.

We went back to Kirksville for most of spring break this year, and it really felt more like winter break than spring but oh well.  My Dad had hernia surgery on Monday morning so I spent the day sitting in his room reading a book. He did well, and seems to be recovering slowly.  Hopefully it will be the last time he has to do that surgery.
I got out some old little people toys that I played with as a kid, and they all seemed to love them.  It gave them something different to do since they couldn't really play outside.  I wish they still made them like this now, but I'm sure they are a choking hazard.
Baylor also had fun playing our old games with Asa.
On Tuesday Briley went to Quincy with Ellie to an entertainment place and sleepover,  while the rest of us went to Shelbina to see my Grandma for a little bit.  After we visited, we stopped at AJ's for lunch.  It has been too long since I have eaten there!  So good.  After we got back I went to Dad's for awhile to visit with him, and then back to my Mom's for dinner.
Wednesday morning I took the kids out to the Cleaver's to play.  It has been awhile since we had gotten them all together.  They all had a great time playing, and we got a chance to catch up.  After that I went back out to my Dad's again for a little bit, and then we went to Yarrow for dinner.  I had never been there before, but they had one of my favorite beers, and the best hamburgers.  It wasn't crowded, but I have a feeling that will change when the weather warms up.  
We went to Andy's parent's house on Thursday to let the kids play with the Farwell and Taylor crew before making our way back to Kansas City.  It was a short visit, but the kids loved seeing each other. Briley and Baylor made their leprechaun traps that night before going to bed.

Lissy came to town on Friday for photo shoots, and we celebrated St. Patrick's Day.  The kids made their traps, and Briley thought she had caught one in her "hotel", but it was a pair of St. Patrick's Day socks.  That night we had green eggs and pancakes for dinner.  Lissy went to get Shamrock shakes for everyone to make the day complete.
We went to Beauty and the Beast Saturday afternoon.  I loved the new movie and all the details they put into it.  Finley sat next to me and sang throughout the whole show.  It is her favorite movie right now.  
Afterwards we went to Briley's soccer game that evening, and the weather was beautiful.  Lissy snapped some pictures with my camera, and they turned out great.  They won, and she played well.  We celebrated by going to Mi Ranchito that night.







This stinker before he ran on to the field in the middle of the game.  He is ornery!

Sunday morning Lissy took some cute pictures of Briley that morning.  I feel like we are similar to Father of the Bride when he sells the house, and they are all crying and taking pictures of everything. We got one last picture of Briley in front of our weeping willow and they are so cute.  She looks so grown up compared to the first pictures that were taken in that spot.
After the pictures we went to the zoo for a little bit. Baylor got brave enough to do the sky tram, and I was so excited to finally get to ride it myself.  We left later that afternoon, and Lissy got on her way after getting her flat tire fixed.


Now it is back to reality with packing our house up, and getting ready for Baylor's big birthday.  I don't seem to have enough time in my day to get everything done.








0 comments: