Sunday, March 12, 2017

I feel like it has been a bit of a whirlwind these last few weeks.  My Dad came to stay with us for a few days over my birthday weekend which was nice.  We didn't really do a whole lot because the weather was cold, but he got to celebrate my birthday, watch Briley and Baylor play some basketball, Finley do gymnastics, and see our new house.

The day he came we had the inspection at our house so we went to the store and played at a park while we waited for it to be over.  The inspection was complete, but they seemed to be just hanging out at the house so we drove around a little longer and then I just came home.  They shortly left after we showed up;) 
We celebrated my birthday on that Friday with dinner at Garozzo's, and it was delicious as usual.  The kids all behaved, and ate their food so it was a successful dinner.  Andy made my birthday cake that night, and it was so very good even though he complained the whole time.  Andy got me a new lens for my camera, and Viva was the only one who would pose for me.

Saturday was basketball day and the kids both played well.  It was Baylor's last game, so he came home with a trophy.  He gets so excited about that.

While we were at basketball, Finley was able to go see Sesame Street Live with our neighbors who had an extra ticket.  Finley was so excited to go, and I was happy that we didn't have to endure the show.  They had tickets in the first row so she got high five the characters throughout the show.  She had a blast spending the day with her friend Lily.



This past weekend was Briley's basketball tournament.  They had a very close game, but in the end they lost by four points.  The other team was one we have played before with other sports, and they have a really good coach.  He is always so supportive of both teams that it is hard to be upset when they beat you.  Her team ended up placing second for the season, but was knocked out of the tournament in the first round.  We ended basketball on Saturday, and kicked off soccer on Sunday.
After Church, we ran by the house to do one last walk through with the painters.  The kids always get excited to go over and explore the new house.  Baylor is really excited about the sunroom with its remote controlled ceiling fan.  He spent the whole time messing with it.  We headed to Briley's soccer game after that.  It was a cold one, and we faced the wind the whole time so it was miserable.  Atticus huddled up with Andy and didn't move the whole game.  Her team did a great job for their first game of the season, and won the game.  The rest of the day was just spent relaxing at home, and getting ready for the upcoming week.
The kids had a four day week this week, and Andy travelled to Tennessee, Kentucky, and Indiana.  We did have our first storm of spring while he was gone.  I wasn't too concerned about it while I watched my tv shows that I watch when Andy is gone.  I looked at my phone when I went to bed and I had missed 25 texts about the storm.
On Thursday we went out to eat with Andy's grandparents, aunt, Lucy and Frank, and some other friends/family.  Andy's grandpa gave Atticus a tool set so that he could bang up our house, and the kids all got cups filled with peeps that they ate those before the food came.  He also told the waitress it was Baylor's birthday so that got celebrated too.
Gymnastics also finished up this week so I'm happy to have another night free up.  They all enjoyed gymnastics, and I think they want to do it again next winter.  It was a great activity to keep them active, and they learned a few things.


This week we are off to Kirksville for a few days since it is spring break, and then it is crunch time packing this house up.   These next few weeks are going to fly by I'm afraid.  

0 comments: