Monday, April 24, 2017

The Big Move

It has been two weeks since we moved to our new house.  Lissy came up on Saturday to help us with all the last minute packing along with my brother and Kelsey.  While Andy was busy at the new house, we finished up at the old one.
Saturday night Kelsey and Asa watched the kids while Andy, Lissy, and I went to the Catholic Charities Soiree.  I forgot my driver's license so they went on in, and I drove back to the house to get it.  We enjoyed getting away for the night, but we were also so exhausted that we didn't party too late into the night.  The food was really good that they had there this year.  Funny moment of the night was Lissy walking over to the Stroud's station, and slipping about 10 cinnamon rolls in her purse before we headed out.  We said she was going to be a Grandma Patty.
Tuesday was the big day, and I woke up that morning feeling like I was going to be okay.  I got the kids ready as usual, and as they were getting in the car Stefanie came up and gave me hug, and I lost it.  She talked about how everyone was going to miss us, and I just couldn't stop crying.  I'm one that holds things in and when I start to cry it has been so built up that it is one ugly cry.  The movers came, and it all moved so quickly.  I went to the new house because our new washer and dryer were being delivered, and to tell the movers where to put everything when they got there.
The movers were done by 1:30 and we began to unpack until about 3:30 and then we went to the old house to pick up Briley.  One of her friends walked down to wait for us and to say goodbye along with neighbors coming out.  The new homeowner's parents were already at the house, but we told Briley she could go in if she wanted to.  I walked in shortly after and she was crying the big ugly cry like me.  She walked to her room and then out the door straight to the car.  I gave a quick hug to our neighbor Todd and left.  I couldn't handle the goodbyes anymore.  It was awkward crying in front of the new homeowners who had already showed up.
When we got back to our new house, Briley refused to get out of the car so Andy spent some time sitting in the car talking to her.  I think he promised a basketball hoop and a zip line to get her out;)  As the night went on we all started feeling better, and a new neighbor stopped by with cupcakes which was sweet of her.
We are slowly getting things put away, and eventually I'll get back to organizing it all how I really want it to be, but it least things are getting out of boxes.  It is starting to feel like home, and we don't cry when we go back to the old neighborhood so we are making progress!  The painters are out of the house for a couple of weeks anyway, friends are starting to be made, many walks have been taken to explore our new neighborhood, and we have made trips to the new elementary school playground.  I'm excited to be able to walk the kids to school next year, and I'm praying that the transitions goes smoothly for them.

One last mow for our yard.







Goodbye to our yellow house.  Lots of memories were made here, and I know the new owners will love it just as much as us...or they better because we are watching;)
Home Sweet Home

0 comments: