Monday, April 24, 2017

A Little of This and a Little of That

I'm hoping that things will slow down for a few moments so we can catch our breath, but I don't know if it will be happening anytime soon.  By the time we go to Garth Brooks in two weeks, we will have had guests with us for eight weekends straight.  Craziness although we have completely appreciated all the help that we have gotten.

Jeff, my Mom, Dad, and Rick came down three weeks ago to see the house, and help Andy put a mudroom in the laundry room.  My Mom and I took the kids to the Easter egg hunt at Church.  Finley ran into one of her buddies and they were inseparable.  The weekend was also spent spreading mulch, unboxing, and moving things from the storage unit.  My Mom said it was the first time she had come and not gone shopping.



We have been going to a lot of soccer games, and softball and baseball have started too so we are on the run every night getting people to practices and games.  It is hard to keep it all straight.  Briley's soccer team just wrapped up their season in soccer while Baylor's games have really just begun.  Both of them seem to still really enjoy the sport, and have fun doing it.



Last weekend was Easter, and for the first time in seven years we stayed home for it.  We finished cleaning out the rest of our storage unit, Andy got the garage organized so that we can actually park in it, and I emptied out a few more boxes.  The Kunkels brought over some homemade syrup for a our Easter breakfast along with homemade cinnamon rolls.  My family wants both recipes as it was a favorite on Easter morning.  Saturday night we had Joe's BBQ and Asa bought us a new ice cream maker for letting them stay at our house which was not necessary at all, but the kids are excited to make some.
The kids woke up Easter morning before 6:00.  You would have thought it was Christmas or something.  It rained the night before so the hunt was in our house with Briley getting the golden egg and Baylor with the silver.  They ate a bunch of candy, and then we got ready for Church.  I told Andy that our kids just have to get married at Easter or Christmas because the Church is so beautiful. I snapped a picture of the narthex, but thought I'd get some stares if I was taking pictures inside, but wow.  They had urns lining the aisle of the Church that held white hydrangeas, greenery, and cherry blossom twigs.  The alter flowers were just as beautiful. 
After mass, we came home for me to make breakfast, and then we continued to work in the house. Asa and Kelsey left later that afternoon.











Odds and ends around here:
I wanted to document Finley and her funny words.  She keeps saying things that I just don't want to forget so hear goes:  Tennis shoes for tissues and the Holy Express for the Polar Express.  She makes me laugh so much throughout the day.  
We have been playing a lot outside, and taking lots of walks around the new neighborhood.  




Baylor has been crafting...nonstop.  I constantly have paper scraps and tape all over the floors, tables, everywhere!  It drives me bananas sometimes, but I rather he do that than watch tv or be on the computer so I guess I will live with it.
Lastly, Atticus has been chewing holes in all of his pacifiers so I decided to not buy anymore.  Once it gets a hole he tells me they are yucky, and won't use it.  So, he was forced to give them up because his became all yucky.  It took a couple of days of me giving him the yucky paci, and he would throw it out of his crib and get mad.  Now he doesn't ask for it.  The person who was most upset about this was Finley who desperately searches our house to find one that I may have forgotten to throw away. We took them away on Wednesday(4/19), and we were over it by Saturday.   He is becoming such a big boy!

0 comments: