Friday, May 5, 2017

Trip to St. Louis

Last weekend we went to St. Louis, and it was fun filled.  We left home after Finley went to visit her new school for an open house.  We flipped Atticus's car seat around, and he seemed to enjoy the ride for the most part.  I think he enjoys getting to finally see everything that is going on.
It rained all day long, but everything cleared up by game time that night, and I was so thankful for that.  It was Atticus's first game, and for the most part he did really well.  I think it helped to have so many people there to chat with.  He sat with Grandma and Papa for awhile, Lissy, and he loved flirting with Amanda.  Between his visits and cotton candy he made it through the game.  Baylor fell in love with baseball all over again at this game.  He missed his suite experience from last year, but he was really into the game, and was upset when we left early. Briley and Finley both had a good time too, but I don't think anyone compared to the joy that Baylor had.
We got all fancied up Saturday morning to go to Bella's first communion.  It was a  nice mass, and surprisingly not very crowded.  Afterwards we had lunch at their house before heading to Lion King. I took Briley, Baylor, and Finley while Andy stayed with Atticus.  We got to our seat right before the show was beginning.  Finley was not a fan, and asked me repeatedly when we were going to go.  Briley and Baylor loved it however.  I really thought Finley would be like Briley, and enjoy broadway shows, but she isn't there yet.  We will have to try again next year.
We met my sister the following day at Science Center along with my Mom and Jeff.  The kids loved exploring this place.  Atticus loved the dinosaur and spent the rest of the day roaring, Briley and Baylor enjoyed the simulator...Finley not so much.  Baylor keeps talking about our next trip so I think it was a hit.  My sister and I did a quick exchange of birthday presents.  I had bought her a purse from Mercy House that I loved, and she gave me a Christmas ornament of our old house.  Every Christmas I say I want to get an ornament made, and then time comes and goes and I don't do it.  It is something I had been meaning to do for eight years, so I was excited to open this gift.  We said goodbye, and we were on our way.  Wish the visit could have been a little longer.  It was hard to be in the same city, and yet both be so busy that you can't meet up.












...and then there was one 



We were in such a rush that this is the only picture I got at Lion King.







0 comments: