Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Happy 10th Birthday Briley Mae!

We wanted to do something special for Briley's 10th birthday so I told her she could have a camping party at a local park by our house.  They have cute little cabins that they rent out for the night for a really cheap price.  The catch is they don't have bathrooms or heating/cooling.  Briley chose to stay in the Manor cabin because it was right next to the bathrooms so there wasn't a long walk which was nice.  I debated on changing the date because it looked like cold weather and rain, but in the end I thought lets just do it so we didn't have to reschedule with her friends.

I went early the day of her party to get it all set up.  I did a little decorating before going back home to get Briley and Andy.  We arrived back at the cabin as the first guests were beginning to show up.  We had the kids eat dinner, and then they were off on a nature scavenger hunt.  When that was finished, I took them down to the playground to play until it was beginning to get dark.  We headed over to the Prairie Oak Nature Center to warm up a bit, and see what animals they had on display.  The kids enjoyed holding and petting the animals, but Briley would only touch the rabbit.  She kept her distance from most of the animals.  We then went back to the cabin, and thought we would start the bonfire, but the girls really didn't seem that interested.  I think they were ready to get their pajamas on and act crazy in the cabin.  Andy and I finished our time with the kids by singing Happy Birthday, passing out cupcakes, watching her open her presents, and then we went to our little room.  
I'll have to say that we did not get any sleep that night.  I kept wanting the night to just be over with so I could get home.  It was so cold, and we looked pretty funny in our stocking caps, layers of clothes, sleeping bag, and blankets piled on us.  It wasn't just the cold that kept us up, but also the girls making the whole cabin shake, and the screaming.  I'll have to say they had fun even if we did not.  Briley said it was the best party ever, and of course she wants to do it again next year.















The next day we went to Baylor's soccer game after we got home from the cabin.  We did not even have time for a shower before heading off to the game.  That afternoon I got some things done around the house, and then Andy was off with his girls for the Father Daughter Dance.  Finley was so excited to be a part of the dance this year.  She got her fancy dress on, and couldn't wait to go.  He took them to Garozzo's for dinner before the dance.  Briley said once they got to school she found her friends and they didn't see much of her the whole night.  Briley I think was exhausted from the night before along with her other friends that were at the dance.  I think she was happy to get back home.
While they were at the dance, my Mom and I took the boys our for Mexican and a trip to Target.  

Sunday was spent watching two soccer games, a trip to Ikea, Sherwin Williams, Westlakes, and a shopping spree at Evie and George Boutique for me.  The last part was a drawing that I won to spend 150.00 in their store.  I never win anything so I was so excited to be able to buy a few fun new shirts for summer and spring.  
The kids did not have school on Monday so after going to the J, we went to the zoo for a quick little trip.  After we got home the kids had a lemonade stand to meet friends and to raise money for Kids with Courage Charity walk that they have coming up at school.  We met a lot of neighbors, while raising money for a good cause.  
Tuesday was the big day for Briley.  She was the first one up that morning requesting waffles.  I spent the morning busy wrapping her gifts, and then we went to have lunch at school with her.  That afternoon I picked her up and we had a quick dinner of German pancakes and sausage per her request. It was a breakfast kind of day.  After we ate it was off to her softball game.  She won 4-1 and then we went to Orange Leaf for frozen yogurt.  It was weird not doing a cake, but this is what she wanted so I had her blow out a candle when we got home.  You have to make a birthday wish after all.  
She opened her gifts when we got home and I think she was excited about them.  She got a Garmin Vivofit, a bag of balls from around the world from Mercy House, lamps for her room, active wear, a book for us to read together this summer, and a game.  It was a busy day for a birthday, but I think she had a good one.  It is hard to believe that she is ten years old!  I say that every year I know, but really, eight more years with this child in our house.  It starts to hit you that time is precious, and we really have a limited time before they are gone.  Life is good at ten for Briley, and I only hope that the happiness that shines from her continues as she gets older.  Love this girl!



Briley's favorites at 10:
Color: Turquoise
Movie: BFG
Song: Tik Tok
Food: Frozen yogurt
Drink: Apple Juice
Sport: All
Toy: Stuffed animals
Team: Sporting and Cardinals
Occupation: Professional Soccer Player
Friend: All
Place: Disney World
What makes you happy? Finding out that I get to go to Disney World




0 comments: