Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Briley had a great time at Kamp this year I think, and met a lot of new friends in her cabin that are from our town, and two that she will be going to school with this year.  It was such a relief for me because I worried so much about her making friends at her new school.  I know she will be fine, but I still felt a little guilty about moving her from the school that she has gone to since kindergarten.  She also had a little girl in her cabin that was in Briley's toddler class at preschool.  They of course didn't remember each other, but I did when I saw her dad.  So strange to have so many connections at camp.

Briley chose basketball as her sport for the week, and had fun with that.  Ellie chose the same one so they were together each day.  I spent my days searching for pictures of her, and it seemed as though she was hiding from the cameras this year.  I did get a few though.










While she was having fun at camp, we had some fun at home.  Finley learned to swim while Briley was away, and I was so excited about that.  She was a little fish, and hopefully becomes a little stronger before the end of the summer.  I videotaped and failed to get a picture of it.  We also made a trip downtown to the Thomas the Train exhibit, and that was a hit with all three of the kids.  After we played with trains, we went over to Kaleidoscope to make some art.  They loved making glow in the dark art the best I think.  Finley was so sad when our time was up, and we had to leave.
Lunch at Fritz's


Little Artists





We picked Briley up Friday night, and I was excited to hear all of her stories, in fact we are still listening to them.  We had dinner at camp, watched the video, and had awards.  After that it was time to say goodbye.  We went to get ice cream, and then it was back to the hotel.  
The next morning we packed up, and went to do a little go karting before heading home.  Finley was so funny to watch as she would knock anyone out of her way, and had Baylor nervous.  He would move over as soon as he saw her coming.  Atticus wanted to do the teacups so we did that, and it was the longest ride I think I have been on, but he loved it.  Afterwards we made our way home.














That night it was movie night at our house for old and new neighbors.  Before that started, Briley got a fun surprise.  Her friend Faith that moved to France came back to visit.  I had known all summer she was coming, and it was so fun to see the look on her face when she walked into the living room.  They had a sleep over that night, and had fun catching up.  The movie night was a great time, and everything went pretty smoothly.  It was great catching up with old neighbors, and getting to know new ones better.  The party finally wound down around midnight, and we were exhausted but it was worth it.

The next week was very low key.  We had some doctor's appointments, went to the ropes park, zoo trip, and pool time.  The weather was beautiful all week and they did a lot of playing outside.  One day they decided to make a ramp with old wood scraps that we had in the garage.  They would go over it a few times and then it would fall apart so Andy built them a real ramp, and that kept them busy for a good part of the week. I began packing, and getting ready for the final part of summer; the beach!
Briley's favorite part of going to the zoo is the baby orangutan.










0 comments: