Friday, March 30, 2018

Being 8 is Pretty Great!

Biggest day of the year was this past Saturday as we celebrated Baylor's birthday.  Baylor has been counting down since January.  He talks about his birthday everyday.  I was so excited for his birthday to get here so we didn't have to talk about it anymore.;)
He woke up early and came into our room after checking out his Elvis themed decorations.  He was pretty excited about the Elvis doll that I had on the table for him.  I got up and made pancakes for breakfast with sprinkles and whipped cream while Andy made a quick trip to Lowe's and the tile store.
After Andy got home I went to Church for a retreat.  I had thought I was going to get out at 1, but the retreat actually lasted until 3:30.  I talked to our leader and he said it was fine for me to leave early as long as I got my confession in.  The main purpose of the retreat was to have our first confession.  I had 35 years worth of confessing to do, and I thought it might take a while, but I zipped through it pretty quickly.  The three priest were all there for you to choose from, and I did get a kick out of no line for Father Brian our head priest.  I guess maybe people felt intimidated  talking to him.  There was also no line for Father Shawn because his was face to face.  The line for Father Matt was the longest.  After we were done we went back for lunch and a question and answer session.  I snuck out and came home for Baylor's friend party.
The boys were all at our house when I arrived, and Andy loaded them up to take them to Dave and Busters for the afternoon while I got his cake and snacks ready for when they returned.  Briley was very upset about the whole boys only trip to Dave and Busters, but I said she always gets those opportunities with her friends.  They were gone for about an hour and half and then it was home for cake and presents.  They all had a great time.
That evening we went to eat some Mexican, and Finley made sure they knew it was Baylor's birthday.    He was his usual funny self when they came over to sing.  His facial expressions made us all laugh.  After we were done we came home for presents, and the end of his special day was coming to an end.  He said it was the best birthday ever, and I think that is said every year too.
Baylor at 8 is one funny little guy who not only makes his parents and family laugh, but also anyone else that is around him.  I often see him sitting next to his coach, and he's telling him some story and they are laughing.  I always wonder what it is that he is talking about.  It is the same at school with his teachers.  I often get emails from them telling me of the funny things he said in class.  He makes everyone laugh, and he is usually not trying.
I love Baylor's imagination in the crafts that he makes, and the way he plays.  His head is full of ideas, and one day he is going to shine.  I often wonder what he will one day grow up to be.  Whatever it may be, he will put his whole heart into it.
Baylor's Favorites:
Color: Blue
Movie: Big Hero 6
TV Show:
Toy: Chewbacca Mask
Best Friend: Rex
Song: Boom Boom Pow
Food: Ice Cream
What do you want to be when you grow up? A Scientist
If you could be anywhere, where would it be? Disney World
Favorite Sport: Chiefs



















0 comments: