Monday, March 5, 2018

Winter into Spring

My Mom came into town the week after Atticus's birthday to watch the kids while I had a middle school meeting, and an RCIA event since Andy was going to be in NYC.  An ice storm came in and school and events were all cancelled.  So we spent the week with the kids home playing out on the ice.  Baylor decided to practice the skeleton down our cul-de-sac all afternoon on Tuesday.  Wednesday school was cancelled so we had another day at home.  We decided to take the kids to the movies to see Peter Rabbit because I think all of us wanted to get out of the house for a bit.  This was Atticus's first movie, and he really did great sitting through it.  I really didn't know what to expect.  We all thought it was a very cute movie.   School was closed again on Thursday so we took the kids to Science City for awhile.  That evening I went to RCIA and Mom watched the kids while I was gone.  She was able to finally drive home on Friday, and the kids were able to go to school for the one and only day that week.  My fingers are crossed that we are over bad weather for this year.
Saturday was my birthday, and we kicked it off with Briley's first tournament game at 8:20.  They won the game, and it was a fun one to watch.  She was playing her old team, and they had beat them already twice this season so I think she was happy to finally win.
We went to Church for Parish Serve Day right after the game.  They had signups to do things all over the city, but we didn't know what the schedule was for basketball so we wanted to stay close to home.    They had stations set up and we were able to move through them as a family.  We made beaded bookmarks for a girl's orphanage in Honduras, decorated paper sacks for meals on wheels, made casseroles for St. Mary's food kitchen, made Easter cards for nursing homes, and letters to veterans.  After we were finished, Baylor went to Rex's house and we went home for a bit.  We picked him up and went to the basketball game later that day.  Briley lost the game in double overtime with a score of 9-7.  Honestly it was good defense, but also a lot of missed shots.  I don't know if they were just tired from their previous game or what.  Either way they tried hard, and were so close to making it to the championship game.
We went to dinner after the game to Gorozzo's, and it was so good.  I had been looking forward to it all day.  We went home and the kids decorated an ice cream cake for me and I had gotten a new chandelier for our entryway.  I'm excited to see it put up soon.  It was a great birthday, and I am so blessed to be able to share it with my family.  Being deep in your 30's is an okay place to be!
A week later and the pendulum has swung the other direction with gorgeous weather over the past weekend.  We spent a lot of time outside, and made it to a park that Baylor has really been wanting to go to.  We bought our tile, mirrors, and vanity for the upstairs remodel that is coming soon.  So excited to see it take shape, and my fingers are crossed I am going to like it because I don't know if Andy sees my vision exactly.  Briley also kicked off her soccer season with a game Saturday night.  Andy took her while I stayed home with the others.  It didn't start until 7:30 and it was in KCK.  They lost their game, but I think they always lose their first game.  Hopefully next week goes better for her.
Finally gymnastics has come to an end for the kids.  They are so sad about it, but spring is such a busy time to continue it.  I signed them up for swim lessons beginning in April so that should be fun. Finley is definitely talented in gymnastics and I could see her wanting to do more.  She and Atticus both moved up to the next level.  Baylor also moved up after being in level 1 for two sessions.  He was so happy to finally get to level 2.
Briley took the next few pictures for photography club recently.  I thought they really turned out great.  Love the cardinal and the KC skyline.













This is my Dad's squirrel that he asks about a lot.  I saw it digging up acorns the other day, and thought I better take picture to show him it is still here.







0 comments: