Sunday, April 3, 2022

Happy 12th Birthday to Baylor!

 We celebrated Baylor's 12th birthday last week.  Our house was all torn up because we are getting new flooring so we went out to dinner at Freddy's(his dinner choice).  We then came back to our basement for gifts.  He was asking for a syck trix skateboard to practice his moves in the house.  He also got some skater shoes, and finger skateboards.  Andy and I laugh that our boys go all in when they are obsessed with something.  Baylor also got tickets to his first concert to see Shawn Mendes.  We let Briley open her early birthday present as well because we knew she would lose her marbles if he was going to a concert that she really wanted to go to.  She showed much more excitement than him, but I think he is going to have fun.  My Dad described Baylor as a flat line, and it is so true.  He never shows excitement when he opens presents although we know he is.  It's a challenge to be as serious as he can be, but I know he is excited because he later talks about it all.  

We were going to do a slumber party Friday with his friends, but our house was a mess.  Andy had free nights at Marriott so we booked a couple of rooms there.  We took the boys skateboarding at a new park, swimming, pizza, and then back to the room.  They were two doors down from us, but we didn't hear them so we think they behaved themselves.  The next morning, we went down for breakfast, and then we took them home.  

So hard for me to believe you are 12, and then I look at you, and think yes, you absolutely look like a 12 year old. Sometimes I miss all the sweet snuggles that you used to give me when you were little, but I also love who you are right now! You are in the midst of figuring out who you want to be, and I love my skate board loving guy, with the super cool new hair style, and always sporting a Santa Cruz shirt. You have a lot of big changes coming your way, and I want you to always remember to stand up for what is right, be kind, and do your best. Love you buddy.

Favorite:

Color: Blue

Food: Ramen Noodles

Song: God Taught Me

Movie: Skate Shop

Sports Team: Chiefs

Sport: Soccer, Football, and Skateboarding

Place to be: Skate Park and Disney

What Makes you Happy: Skateboarding

What do you want to be when you grow up? Pro Skateboarder and Skateboard designer













0 comments: